You have signed up your team online, now what do you do?
When you send invitations to your friends, family and co-workers asking them to pledge you, they will receive a link to your fundraising page. This page contains a standard message about Relay For Life, and also provides
you with the opportunity to tell your own story and add your own photograph.
Our research tells us that people give more when there is a personal connection and a compelling reason to give. People who personalize their fundraising pages tend to raise more money in the fight against cancer.
Team Captains - Personalize your Team Web page.
As the team captain, you can customize your team page by adding some personal
information about your team and a photo. Just select "Team progress" to get to the options for customizing your team page.
- Customize your team page - tell your potential donors more about your team by adding a team description and team photo.
- Check your team's fundraising progress.
- Send encouraging e-mails to your team members to keep them motivated.
All Team Members - Personalize your Team Web page.
- Click the Personal Page icon at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit link to open your personal page for editing.
- Click in the page title box to personalize your title.
- Under Body Text, type in why you are participating. Make it personal!
- Follow the directions to upload a personal photo or video.
- Click the “Save My Changes” button when done.
Set up your address book.
You may be able to import addresses from your personal email account. You can also enter addresses individually. If you want to import your address book :
- Click on the Address Book icon at the top of the page.
- Click on the Import Contacts icon on the page.
- Click on your email format for detailed instructions of how to upload your addresses.
Send emails to friends and family.
Click on the e-mail icon at the top of the page.
From this page, you can send several different types of emails :
- Select the type of email you would like to send. (or you can write your own and save it)
- If you set up an address book, the names will appear on the right side of the screen. You may select names from the ones shown by highlighting them and choosing Add Recipients to add them to your email.
- If you did not set up an address book, you may type address in the address block.
(These addresses will be added to your address book for future use.)
- Personalize the message of the email with the reason you are involved or create your
Follow up on your email campaign.
Click on the Follow-ups icon on the top of the page.
You can follow up to see who has received your email, who opened the email, and who visited your Web page.
This will give you the information for each person whom you emailed.
From here, you can send follow-up emails if you wish.
Keep your family and friends up to date with your own personal Relay For Life Blog
It’s easy! You can add a Blog - an online journal - about your Relay For Life experience to your personal fundraising page just by checking a simple box when editing your personal fundraising page.
You can add Blog posts as often as you want, sharing your passion and enthusiasm about the event and your commitment to the cause. Encourage your family and friends to check back regularly to hear about your progress.