A Team Captain is a position designed to support the Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay For Life by leading a team from your organization or group of family / friends to participate and raise funds.
- A Team Captain agrees to serve in the following capacities:
- Build a team of 10-15 members.
- Attend the Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life kickoff.
- Set a fundraising goal for your team. (attaining a minimum fundraising expectation of $100 per team member)
- Recognize cancer survivors on your team and participate in the survivorship celebrations at the event.
- Distribute participant collection envelopes and other Canadian Cancer Society fundraising tools to all team members.
- Coach and motivate your team to success. This includes using all available forms of internal communications to generate enthusiasm and participation for the event (i.e., email, voice mail, newsletters).
- Hold creative fundraisers to help your team raise money.
- Attend Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life planned Team Captain meetings.
- Recognize team members for their commitment to the fight against cancer.